Thursday, June 24, 2010

11 hours and 5 minutes...

In case you missed the most amazing tennis match in history...A six foot nine tennis god from UGA defeated another tennis god from France in an 11 hour and five minute match during first rounds at Wimbleton...whether you are a tennis fan or not - can you think of anything you'd want to do for that long??? Sleep maybe. But, after that I don't know...that is a freakin long time and it was hot and humid and neither one ever gave up. I was starting to think they just might be there for ever. There are lots of things I love to do but I don't think I could or would want to do most of them for that long. I couldn't even shop that long and - wow - that is shocking!! I love to read but I don't think I could even do that for 11 hours. I might could enjoy non stop movies at Gold Class Cinemas for that long - if bathroom breaks were included and I guess the tennis gods did get those. Don't forget the little button and movie slaves just waiting to make you happy....

Speaking of happy - I took Baby Girl/The world's Best College Student that is home for the Summer - to get our special occasion mani/pedi treat today. First of all, I am always shocked at how much this costs!! How does anyone do this every other week??? We stretch ours out for about two months. Maybe they are charging us more cause our feets are all grody. Who knows. I can paint my own but I just go for the foot sex. I mean massage. Is it just me - or do you ever feel like you are getting a little more than what you thought you were paying for??? This is not the first time I have kind of worried I might be a foot massage slut. Bingo - NOW I KNOW WHAT I COULD DO FOR ELEVEN HOURS AND FIVE MINUTES!!!! I could sit back and let someone rub my feet!!! OMG!! That is it!!! Screw tennis - just rub my feet!! I love that line from some movie or cartoon - can't remember where it comes from - "...come rub Sugar Mama's feet!" I LOVE that!! Everyone at my house just freaks and runs out of the room when I say it. Hate that. But, go to your local nail salon and for 15-20 minutes...heaven on earth. Now, I absolutely HATE the rest of it. The clipping and scraping and all that. JUST RUB MY FEET!!! Now that would be a wonderful 11 hrs & 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment