Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fifty Fabulous Things to Share

I have been so busy/lazy enjoying my summer that I have fallen off the blog wagon. As of July 14, my new favorite number is 50...I had a great birthday and even though I was really looking forward to a good reason to eat cake nonstop I was slightly shocked by the number of candles on top. FIFTY candles take forever to light and not to mention they are a fire hazard. Hubs was all worried and feeling the pressure to plan some big secret surprise due to the fact that I was turning 50 before him. He really enjoys the bragging rights that go with being 9 months younger. At the last minute (Sunday 7/10) I came up with the perfect solution...instead of all the focus being on the big FIVE-O...I decided to send out an invite to my wild and crazy girlfriends and ask them all to come over the night before my birthday to help me celebrate and say goodbye to 49! We had a blast and trust me there was lots of celebrating and I enjoyed my last night of using my 40 Something Lolita wine glass. I'd been using it for months leading up to this night. I decided to find out who was turning 50 next and the lucky winner got to take my glass home and enjoy it until it was time to pass it on on her birthday in December. I just love fun traditions. So in the spirit of embracing 50 here are 50 things I'd love to share....

1. Whipped Vodka - it was a huge hit! Delicious sipped frozen or splashed with Limoncello (I prefer Villa Massa) keep both in the freezer.

2. Toasted Angel Food cake - it has always been my favorite and requested on every birthday as long as I can remember. Slice it and toast it and let it almost burn. Yum!!

3. Toasted marshmallows - do it Texas style...due to intense heat we prefer to use a fondue fork and toast that baby over the gas stove flame in the air conditioned comfort of our kitchen. Temp is right AND it is bug free. Seriously it tastes the same and they even have flat marshmallows now to make smores even easier to smash together!! Genius!!

4. - 25. Books!!! First a list of some of my favorites - Cutting for Stone (finished this morning and LOVED it!!) South of Broad, The Help, City of Thieves, all Janet Evanovich, Laurel K. Hamilton, The Tender Bar, Harlen Coben's Myron Bolitar series, Sarah's Key, The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon, Peachtree Road by Anne Rivers Siddons, The Room,and all of Chelsea Handler's books ....I could go on and on....

26. - 36. Here is a list on books I can't wait to read - Say Her Name,The Last Werewolf, Sentimentalists, Homecoming of Samuel Lake, Folly Beach, Iron House, Ten Thousand Saints,To Be Sung Underwater, Long Drive Home, Silver Sparrow, and again I could go on and on!!! Melinda these were for you!! Thanks for being my biggest blog fan!!

37. Movies - Horrible Bosses, Something Borrowed (add this to booklist too), The Switch, The Eagle (okay anything with Channing Tatum)

42. TV - My new fav is Franklin and Bash!!! Really miss Boston Legal and this helps. Plus they are really cute. The Closer, In Plain Sight, Necessary Roughness after one show it is looking good, True Blood (Add the books to top of that list!!!), Vampire Diaries, Modern Family, Raising Hope, Game of Thrones (read first book thought it was good but kinda slow), Memphis Heat, Good Wife and anything with Bethany Frankel and her cutie patootie husband and baby!!



50 plus. Music - After an amazing get away to Austin and Barton Creek we are crazy about this band. We got to hear them live and found out they are brand new. Brad Dunn and Ellis County. Ranch Cat is the name of the CD. Southern Rock at it's finest. Jamming right now while hubs/Wonderman is cooking and wooing me. Does life get any better than that? And to think I was worried about coming up with 50 fab things to share - here goes the girly girl stuff!

fave body cream - This one I mix myself - Start with CeraVe cream. I love this cream but it needs to smell better so I add my favorite scented body lotion from Bath & Body then it also needs sunscreen so I add Hawaiian Tropics Shimmer Lotion sunscreen. Mix it all up good and use daily and before bed. Amazing how much better your skin will look, smell and feel. Dare ya.

Secret deodorant with minerals is amazing - stands up to the Texas heat the whole country is getting to enjoy.... trust me if it works after playing tennis here it will work for you.

Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion is amazing...and their Naked Collection of eyeshadows is great and almost impossible to find so run to Ulta and cross your fingers after being sold out for months it is back. Primer really works even in Texas heat! For a really pretty plum/brown that makes all eyes really pop try Cover Girl 530 Abrgnon(sorry that is all I can get off of label). If age, allergies or life is giving you extra baggage under your eyes here is the best remedy ever. Even Dr. Oz recommended it along with some wonderful "older" women from my past life in cosmetic land - Preparation H CREAM...trust me cream is what you want. Do not use the ointment. Just that word is reason enough. Smell is awful. Find the cream. Odor free and feels like any eye cream. Except it will shrink your eye bags. Follow up with moisturizer. And the miracle facial moisturizer is Pond's Cold Cream. Trust me! Face and neck will thank you!! Even hubs is addicted to this because it has cured his chronic rosacea and all the meds he used never helped.

Lips - start with the Fresh Sugar lip balms with Spf 15 - some have color all are the best ever. Use daily and at night. If your lips are fading keep a nice natural color with Revlon's Just Bitten Stain...I like Beloved. Let it dry before using the balm that comes with it or your gloss of choice. As for gloss my new fav is Smashbox Aura.

And to end this never ending list - YOU!! Everytime you say, " Hi, love your blog!" It makes me happy just to know someone is smiling somewhere. Sharing the good stuff!! Keep reading and please don't stop sharing with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment