In case you are just coming to the partay, here is something you may not know about me....I LOVE BIRTHDAYS!!! How could you not??? It is your day and it is okay to expect it to all be about YOU! If you go around acting like this on any other day you will just tick everyone off and they will prolly gossip behind your back about what a total pinhead you are...So here are my favorite things about birthdays - mine and yours - I love them all so by all means if it is your special day I want to know about it too and help you celebrate it. If there is cake involved I am so there. If there is cake and party liquids - even better!!!
FAVORITE REASONS TO SHOUT OUT IT IS YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!
1. Obviously to force everyone that loves you into being your own personal slave for the day. ALL about you people and it starts with breakfast. EAT whatever you want and if you can get them to make it, bring it and clean it up - wow. You don't need me for this you are on track all by yourself. My breakfast of choice was an amazing cupcake made from scratch by my precious Babygirly (new name but she is still The most amazing college student home for the summer but that name is waaay too long)and yes, we will pass along the recipe cause that is how we roll. We share all. Here is a cupcake tease so come back for the recipe blog...chocolate, coffee, coconut and granache, marshmellow...heaven!!! Breakfast of champions!!
2. birthday cards!!! OMG - I love cards...already told you I am the crazy lady standing in the isle laughing outloud - sometimes I buy the really funny ones just for me...keep a stash and just read them whenever I am sad/sober and need a little funny. Got some really funny ones this year from my awesome in laws!!!
3. FaceBook Birthdays!! If you are one of the two people on the planet still not on FB - shut up and just sign up. Even if you are a complete computer nincompoop it is worth it for the birthday love alone!!! Yes, it was the highlight of my day to check all day long and see who was sending me a HBD message!!! It was my own personal Sally Field Oscar moment - "You love me, you REALLY love me!!" So to all my FB friends for life - "Thank you for all the love and for taking the time to be a part of my day!!!" - This is especially great for those of us that have summer birthdays when all your friends are on vacay and not around to help you celebrate...elementary days totally sucked too cause you never really got to have your mom lug in 28 frosted cupcakes on YOUR day to share with your whole class...yes, that scarred me for life. Now some teachers tried to make up for it by having a day for all the summer birthdays at either the beginning or end of the year but we all knew that was lame. Christmas BDays prolly suck too. Kind of gets lost in all the green and red wrapping paper and who wants to compete with Jesus.
4. Birthday lunches...what are friends for!!! To take you out to lunch and celebrate!!This is a win win for all...perfect reason to ditch the office/housework/kids and go hangout with your friends in the middle of the day!! Take a little refresher nap and you will be ready to celebrate with birthday dinner.
5. Birthday plans...mine was genious this year. I'd been trying for months to get my stubborn family to watch my new fav show on demand. As in I demand they watch it too. For some silly reason they were not cooperating and this makes me crazy. Until, I realizied that they HAVE to do what I want on my BD!!! When I told them we would be eating in (pizza on grill - directions on earlier blog) and all watching something in the media room they started to sweat and worry. OMG the whining and beggin and worrying about "WHAT are we going to have to sit thru???" When I finally told them "just one episode" the lightbulb went on and they guessed it and groaned and complained but laughed and knew I HAD THEM cause it's my birthday!!! Ha!!
Yes, we all boyfriend son included watched the one episode of Glee that I knew would get them all hooked - Glee is like crack you can't just watch one episode - The Beyonce one where Kirk joins the football team!!! OMG - even Wonderman was laughing OUTLOUD!!! A lot!!! This is truly huge cause he is one of those people that can watch Modern Family and I can't tell if he is awake or not cause he doesn't laugh out loud!!! Yes, Opposites attract - I take personal pride in laughing the loudest. And I think lots of stuff is funny. Pulp Fiction cracked me up!! Back to Glee - I lost count of how many episodes we watched last night!! Best Birthday Ever!!!