Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Green Stuff

In honor of St. Patrick's Day and the month of March, cheers to drinking green......chlorophyll!  Gotcha! You thought I would be drinking green beer or a margarita, right?  And I might have on the 17th, but today I finally got around to trying liquid chlorophyll in a large glass of water. As usual I'd read somewhere that someone was doing this and that it did all kinds of amazing things for you, your skin and your body. Exactly where, who & what - well, I couldn't remember those minor details, as usual. Maybe it will boost my memory skills. I'm just happy I remembered that I wanted to try it when I saw it at my grocery store today. I bought DeSouza's brand for $6.49. Not gonna lie, the strong green color was frightening - like Easter egg dye. I'm very happy to report that it did not smell and I honestly couldn't taste it in my water either. Now my green teeth & tongue may take some getting used to ...just kidding, all good there to. So I just googled why it is good for us to add this to our daily dose of good stuff for our health....according to healthybodynow.net :

Adding large amounts chlorophyll rich vegetable juices to our diets is like getting a blood and organ cleanser by washing our bodies from the inside out. Chlorophyll is known as an internal healer. In fact there are many, many benefits:
  • helps to build healthy, red blood cells
  • furnishes iron to organs
  • delivers magnesium which makes our body more alkaline.
  • helps to cleanse the liver
  • reduces typhoid fever
  • removes toxins and heavy metals
  • increases the disease resistance of cells
  • prevents the growth of bacteria
  • helps our bodies heal faster from wounds and illness,
  • improves teeth and gums
  • neutralizes body odor
  • improves varicose veins
  • promotes milk production
  • treats inflammation of the uterine cervix
  • regulates the menstrual cycle
  • relieves sore throat
  • reduces inflammation
  • heals rectal sores
  • helps skin disorders like eczema or psoriasis
  • has antiseptic benefits
  • improves eye health
I'll be happy if I notice just a few of these improvements.  This is so easy I know I can keep this up. There is also a pill form that I might try for when I'm traveling because you do have to keep it refrigerated after opening.  And in case you missed it - chlorophyll helps to cleanse the liver!! Good to know - so enjoy those green beers and margarita's, with a designated driver of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment