Thursday, November 19, 2009

Vampireholics Anonymous

Hello, My name is ....... and I'm a vampireholic. It all started with a show called Dark Shadows. We were not allowed to watch it, which meant we sneaked and did, and that made it even better. We were seven. Years old. I am now a lot older than seven. 41 years older to be exact. Not sneakin anymore and the name of the show is Vampire Diaries. Thursday nights on the CW channel. Fear not, if you have not been keeping up with the hottest phenom in literary and movie and tv history...starting Dec. 14th the CW channel will have a week long marathon to catch you up. Honestly, do not miss it. All things Vampire are in it and worth watching. This show is amazing!!If you are a Twilight fan do not miss this!!! If you wonder what the hell is going on and why is everyone talking about vampires - watch this show!!!

Back to my problem. I read all the Twilight Books and loved the first two - last one was okay. The Host was just weird and long, and I bought it, so I read it. Nuff said. But, the whole fantasy of the vampire that has a heart and loves, is very powerful and there are a lot of books out there and now tv shows and movies that are cashing in. Don't miss out. Before all of these, was Moonlight, which for some unknown reason some di**hea* ( you fill in the blanks - my kids might read this) cancelled. You can rent or as I did buy the season and trust me it is a movie worth viewing. Such a good show. With a huge, crazy, angry following when it got cancelled. So, go watch it too.

After this show got canned, I happened to see a little book by Charlaine Harris, Dead Until Dark, in the bookstore and it was also about vampires. Read them all and was so excited to find out some genius had found and read it too and since he was a Hollywoood bigshot he decided to make them into a tv show for HBO called True Blood!!! With all the stuff I read, I think I have truly missed my calling...I should just read and tell people what movies and shows to make...instead I get to share and tell you my favorite followers. True Blood is a big hit and lots of fun - BUT go read the books too. Most excellent. My list of favorite vampire series just keeps growing. For the non-readers, I apologize and for the Oprah bookclub fans - get over it!! Try something that will make your heart race, your face flush and other parts of your body come alive. Or as Wonderman says - foreplay books. Sorry kids - Mommy and Daddy do it. STILL!! I KNOW...EEEHHWWW.

So, if you are still with me and want to read some really good stuff...try the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton - she is a character like no other in any fiction series. Next on the list, would be the J.R.Ward series the Black Dagger Brotherhood. Then Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress Series, Patricia Briggs series about Mercy Thompson and Karen Marie Moning's Fever series.

My final piece of advice is to look these all up on Amazon which will also tell you the order all the books are written in. Being vampireholic and anal - it is VERY important for me to read a series IN ORDER....not to mention you can also order them all online and not have to be embarrassed to actually buy them...in public. Call me silly, but some of these covers are fine to look at in private - but omg in the store!! I still find it hard to do...love it when the person behind the counter goes "OMG - best books ever!!!" Another vampireholic....Now don't forget - set your tivo or your direct tv or however you record to the Vampire Diaries starting Dec. 14 - and yes, I just bought but have not read this book series too!! I told you I am a Vampireholic....and we love it!! :)Now go read or watch!! And don't forget to tell me if you are now too a VAMPIREHOLIC!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment