Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Back to the Real World

I have returned to the land of the living. I am still wearing real clothes and it is 8:10pm...I have had them on almost all day!!! In case you are not a faithful reader I am sharing this proudly because I have been living in pj's for the last 3 months. Okay, that is slightly exaggerated - it just seems that way because it is January and I am perfectly happy staying inside - in my comfy clothes for days on end. Eventually the madness sets in and neighbors and friends may start to wonder where I am....they seemed like such a happy family. You get the idea. I could so be a happy hermit. Yesterday everyone finally went where they were supposed to be...hubs at work, kids at school (college & high school) and I had the day at home. Except for one little favor the hubs asked for....bunch of suits in town for big important company meetings - husband speak for I will be very busy with very important things all week and out every night eating really good meals. Which is wife speak for "Dang, you mean we get to eat junk food and wait for Dad to come home?" Everybody is happy. Then came the favor part...one of the suits brought his wife along. Which is wife speak for "Partay!!! Hotel living - room service, hotel sex and no one yelling Mommy!" Of course, our hubs are worried we will be bored or shopping so mine asked if I would mind taking strange wife I've never met out to lunch. ON MY FIRST DAY OF THANK GOD EVERYONE IS WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE. Which means I am doing whatever it is I do that makes me happy. I know I have a very good life. I am very very thankful for that. He doesn't' ask for much or ever really complain when the bed is not made up so - I said "Of course, I live to get dressed (in real f&*^()N clothes) and take out a strange woman to lunch". I am thinking - "Oh, buddy this is going to cost you big time. BIG TIME."

Fast forward to me driving nervously to her hotel to pick her up and here is the worst part...he is RIGHT AGAIN!!! She is awesome and amazing and it is the best blind date lunch ever!! We have so much fun and talk each others ears off....I even forget to tell her to pretend we hated each other so we can buy new shoes as our husband's punishment for asking us to go to lunch together!! Can't wait to meet her husband and visit our new best friends in California...

Each day and each person we meet is such a gift - I am so thankful that I got dressed and made a new friend and remembered why we are so lucky to be here in the real world.... To 2011 - new friends, current friends and to Facebook friends I stalk daily - I am thankful for all of you and that you are a part of my real world...

No comments:

Post a Comment